Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Some photos of the weekend

I think that this photo describes best why I love Adam so much. He makes me laugh all the time. This photo is from the night before the proposal at Kelly and Josh's wedding.So now about the proposal: I almost didn't have a camera to take pictures with because my batteries ran out. Luckily the little cafe on the island had some to sell.
Adam and I took a ferry over to Angel Island for the day to do some walking and see a different part of the bay area. We decided to go on a walk about the island. I really had no idea this was going to happen. I knew that it was coming, but I really didn't expect it at all. So we started our walk and the main goal was to find a place with a great view.

As you all know I really like taking pictures of plants and all of that. This is the great tree I was talking a picture of while Adam went off to find a look out spot. I heard him calling to me to come down to the location where he was.

As I made my way down to where he was I thought it looked so great I should take a picture. Little did I know...Once I reached where he was at we hugged each other and Adam told me how much he loved me, which is not unusual. Then he said he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. I looked down and saw him holding the ring. I started crying. Then he got down on one knee and asked me if I would marry him. I said yes of course. Then we heard a noise, some rustling in the bushes and right below us we saw a baby deer. It was so close we could tell that it's nose was wet! I think it was a sign, and a good one at that.

This is the view from where we were standing when we got engaged. It was so perfect because no one else was around and it was just us and the baby deer.
Here is a picture someone took of us after the big event! As you can tell, I am pretty happy.
The greatest thing about the whole thing was that we shared this moment in San Francisco, in the outdoors. Two of our favorite places. San Fran has such a special meaning to Adam and I because we really do believe that is where we fell in love with each other.

I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with lovie. You are so great and you make me so happy all of the time.

3 comments:

Joan said...

My Seester's getting married, my Seester's getting married!!!

I'm so excited!

Are you sure you want black dresses? I am certain Chelsea and I would be much happier in a lavender with maybe some white gloves and shoes died to match? Just a thought............

Love you!

Rita said...

Mary Dear, I loved your latest blog. Here I am in Florida, and I have tears in my eyes. I feel so close to you when I read your blogs.
I am so very very happy for you both.
Counting the days till I see you both in MD.
Much Love, Grammy XXXOOO

Lisa said...

Mary, I had to check out your post after hearing the news from Joan. Congrats!!! I wish you two many happy years together. This is just the beginning...

Lisa