Thursday, October 11, 2007

What I am reading, eating, and watching

I kind of liked how I did this before, so I though I would do it again!


Currently I am reading many books on management strategies and international law and economics for school. That is all kind of yuckie. In my spare reading time (how nerdy does that sound) I am reading MiddleSex. I bought it on the way to Arizona, but I just now started reading it. I really like it so far and I think I am going to learn a lot from it. The book is about a Greek American family but focuses on one of them who happens to be a 41-year-old hermaphrodite. The book was written by the same author of the Virgin Suicides. You can see the similarities.

I am still keeping up with weight watchers and as of today I have lost 12.4 pounds, which is a little over a pound a week since I started. It feels good. Last night I made Chicken Parmigiana sandwiches with roasted peppers and broccoli. The roasted peppers were really good, but a pain in the butt to make. The sandwiches were easy. I took two chicken breasts, low fat Italian salad dressing, bread crumbs, marinara sauce, bread, and mozzarella. Coat the chicken in the dressing, cover it with bread crumbs (both sides) and put in the oven at 400 for 15 minutes. Then put the marinara sauce over the top and bake for another 5-10 minutes. Once it is baked take it out and put it on two low cal slices of bread and cover with part skim mozzarella cheese. It is the bomb. Adam wanted seconds. Also, you can take the left over marinara and put it on top of the broccoli.

I am not watching anything too enthralling now. The Closer is over for the season and so is Monk. Adam and I do enjoy watching Criminal Minds on CBS at 9:00 on Wednesdays, I usually can't stay awake that late. Of course we love The Office - "that's what she said."

No comments: