Monday, August 13, 2007

Birthday BBQ

Saturday we had a Birthday BBQ for my best friend Chelsea. It was so much fun. Here you see Chelsea blowing out her birthday "cupcakes". We actually sang to her twice that night.

Adam cooked some great hot dogs and hamburgers. In the picture below Adam and Chelsea's husband Matt have a little "guy time" by the grill.

Another great friend of ours, Cassie, was in town from Montana to visit her new niece. Luckily we were able to spend some quality time with her. Cassie, Chelsea, and I have been fiends since we were in the 7th grade. Cassie is the next friend of mine to be getting married next June. I can't wait to celebrate that special day with her. Cassie and I were locker partners in the 7th grade and college roommates, so we have always been close even though she has often lived far away.
I love this picture of my sister. Joan has a great "silent" laugh. It is the laugh she does when she is laughing so hard no sound comes out of her mouth. It is usually followed by tears of joy from laughing so hard. All and all it was a great time. The evening led us to a cab ride to our neighborhood pub where we engaged in some karaoke and dancing. The next morning Cassie and Adam went on a bike ride while my sister and I explored some new trails by Tiger Mountain. While we were hiking I identified a Maidenhair Fern (pictured below). I was really excited because I had never seen one before and there it was all over the place in this part of Tiger Mountain. The stems are almost black in color and it is just so delicate looking. I often bring my botany book out with me when we go hiking. I love identifying native plants and learning the names of all the beautiful things that grow around me.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Hey Bear..........

Your BBQ was definitely a night for the "silent laugh." I had so much fun.