Wednesday, August 22, 2007

What I am reading, eating, and watching

A few weeks ago our neighbor was having a garage sale and Adam and I walked over to see what treasures we might find. I found a copy of the book "The Power of One". I had never read the book before, but I watched movie in 7th or 8th grade and loved it, which says a lot because I didn't like much then.

This book is awesome. Luckily I cannot remember much about the movie, so it is keeping my attention and I feel like I am learning something about South African History. Colonization and the effects of decolonization really interest me and have since I started studying Anthropology and American Indian Studies.

Now that I am counting my way to the skinny life, I have been experimenting with a lot of new recipes from weight watchers and it has been really successful. Last night I made flat bread Pizzas. All you need is whole wheat tortillas, pizza sauce (trader Joe's has a fat free type), healthy Canadian bacon (from trader Joe's), green pepper, onion, dried oregano, and part skim mozzarella. Just cook up the green pepper and onion, put the sauce on the tortillas (you could broil them briefly to keep them crisp), then put on onion, pepper, Canadian bacon, oregano, and cheese (less than 1/4 cup per tortilla will keep it low calorie). I just pop it in the oven on 375 for ten minutes and bam....easy and good!

I am now officially addicted to "The Closer" on TNT (Can I get paid for this kind of advertisement, Bill Calen). Kira Sedgewick is such a great actress and I love crime dramas. I suggest giving it a chance this summer while everything else is a rerun.

Well that is what I am up to in my not-so-spare time. In one more week we will be journeying to Atlanta to Karen and Bill's wedding. I can't wait to meet more family and celebrate this precious event.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Yeah! Less than 3 weeks till you see ME!

KJC said...

We cannot wait to have you and Adam here in less than a week!